Friday, June 18, 2021

Ward Update June 20

 Leadership Message

Brothers and Sisters,
I hope everyone is doing well and finding ways to cool off from our heat wave.  We have been under record breaking heat lately.  We are also in a severe drought.  Our government leaders have asked us to pray for rain.  Our acts of Faith are surely being tested in these times.   President Nelson taught us in his April’s conference talk “Faith in Jesus Christ is the greatest power available to us in this life.  All things are possible to them that believe.”   Have we had a moment to reflect on our faith?  Have we had a moment to check on our Brothers and Sisters?  President Nelson continues in his talk  “My dear brothers and sisters, my call to you...is to start today to increase your faith.   Through your faith, Jesus Christ will increase your ability to move the mountains in your life, even though your personal challenges may loom as large as Mount Everest.”  We all have our challenges we are being tested with.  I am confident with our Faith in Jesus Christ we can overcome challenges that come to us.  I am grateful for your Faith and your many acts of kindness.   Brothers and Sisters, let us continue to exercise our Faith and we can move our mountains in front of us.
Lots of Love,
Brother Clayton Cox

Meeting Program

Opening Hymn: #73 Praise the Lord with Heart and Voice
Closing Hymn: #96 Dearest Children, God Is Near You

Announcements

Temple & Family History Activity

 In July the Temple/Family History meeting will be talking about shadow boxes or other ideas on how to save your 3D memories. Please join us July 13th at 7:00pm on zoom and show us how you save your family heirlooms.

Relief Society

SAVE THE DATE:  Relief Society will be having a Summer Salad Social on Wednesday, August 18th at 6:00pm in Lee Stevens backyard.  So put it on your calendar and think about the salad you want to bring.

Youth Camps

Youth Conference: July 15-17
YM Camp: June 24-26 Deacons will be going June 23
YW Camp: June 30-July 2

New Missionaries

Hello hello! My name is Sister Allred and I am from Virginia! I have been on my mission for about 14 months now, and love it! I am the oldest of 4 siblings, and before my mission I studied Social Work and Linguistics at BYUH.
I also have studied Russian during my mission, as my original call was to a mission in Russia! I love chocolate milk, gardening, soccer, and especially being a missionary! I am so happy to be here and to meet you all!


I am Sister Delay! I am from a small town in central Washington state! I have been out on my mission for about 9 months and am so excited to be here! Before my mission I was attending BYU Provo and preparing to be a teacher! I have a family of 6 (not counting our 12 kittens). I love camping, hiking, baking, road trips, and movie nights! I'm grateful for the opportunities to serve others, share my testimony, and draw closer to my Savior everyday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Update September 15

   ANNOUNCEMENTS National Day of Service -  Saturday September 14 at 9am in the church parking lot then go to Tessie Edgar’s home (3212 W As...